Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Laughter and Tears. Trigger
Demons2011 posted:
Solitude in a crowded room.

Shadows of seasons passed;

Joys of Christmas — Invited to the feast, never to taste.

New Years Eve toasting to the hopes; held only by the shadows.

Valentines Day an empty promise. Entwined in an wanton embrace.

Knowing the fear others have of you.

Reaching out, never touching.

Touching in search.

Shadows in the sun.

Laughing children, not hearing the tears.

Lost in the fog.

Laughter to cover the tears.

Demons2011 replied to chez1's response:
Thanks Chez1, I like what your writing. So good to hear things are improving for you! Pretty much same old me, averaging about 60 hours a week, this week will be a bit higher. Kids are doing great. Hanging on, not admitting defeat, can't go that route again. The writing is helping vent some of the down days. Finally getting some much needed sunshine. Just one day, only got up to 38 F, but felt great having the sun in my face.

jaws82 replied to Demons2011's response:
Hey guys-long lost pal

jaws82 responded:
Awesome post Demons 2011!!

alaska_mommy responded:
Hi D, I haven't been on here in a long time but I just wanted to say it's nice to see a familiar face. Hello to C and Jaws and anyone else who remembers me.
Like your poem! Glad to see you're still writing.

Demons2011 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Alaska Mommy - so glad to see you up and about the neighborhood. Dealing with a friends crisis right now. She is planning on the loss of her daughter. They have fought the cancer and infections, paralyzed from surgery. Now everything is back with a vengeance, doctors have stated there is a time for hope and and a time to plan. Now is the time plan. So feeling the fear-sheer terror they fell and unable to comprehend all their family is dealing with. As always, those that know families in this type of life trial, we feel so inadequate. Just trying to be a shoulder to lean on.

alaska_mommy replied to Demons2011's response:
Wow D, heavy stuff. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. That must be the most awful thing to live through, what a nightmare. I'm glad you're there to be a support to them.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Goals
Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.