Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Knots in my stomach
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I suffer daily with knots in my stomach. WHY? My mornings are my worst and my afternoons are better.

Does anybody else have this problem.
BB

lissmeanstrouble responded:
BB there are lots of helpful diagnosis guides on the Webmd site, you can search symptoms and determine which sound most like you.
"Knots" is a slangy term to describe your stomach problem, its difficult to be sure exactly whats the problem with that description.
Do you mean stomach cramps or pain? do you have other symptoms associated with the discomfort? Like diarrhea or nausea? Have you ever consulted a doctor about the stomach discomfort?
I too have belly aches every day. I get gas, bloating, cramping, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, the works. Gosh its like having the flu several times a week for short intervals during the day.
My doctor told me I have irritable bowel syndrome a few years ago. Ive had a colonoscopy and didnt have cancer or anything real serious they thought they could fix.
It was pretty inconclusive the whole deal... Im still having alot of digestive/bowel problems and pain that keeps me up at night some times, but when I saw my doctor recently he said that kind of thing is going around right now.

Ive also heard before that if you allow yourself to build on your own anxiety, to the point where you could pop with stress.... you can make yourself sick to your stomach.

beautifulbuffalo replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
No it's an emotional knots in my stomach. A sad feeling. I'm just not happy.
BB

lissmeanstrouble replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Im sorry BB!
Remind me do you work or are you retired?
When you wake up in the morning, open your curtains, let the sunshine in, if its not too cold where you live crack the windows and let a breeze come thru.

You might even have fun putting that grandson of yours in the stroller and cruising around the block a few times in the sunlight. If he screams bring some head phones and just smile and hum and wave at the neighbors ha ha

give yourself some fuN! it sounds to me as if youve been moping around the house all winter, thats why I love spring, cause you can get out and move with out freezing!

It will get your blood pumping, and it will brighten your day metaphorically and literally!

beautifulbuffalo replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
I'm on disability retirement.

beautifulbuffalo replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
My therapist says the knots in my stomach are from being sad and not happy with my life. And she is right.
BB

Ashaan responded:
Hi BB. Just saw this, and thought I would add my 2cents. You're not alone - there are many people who wake up - feeling just awful at the fact of having to face another day. As the day progresses, you (in my opinion, and I am not a med professional) probably begin to feel better, because the unknown things you dreaded when you first woke up - have not materialized. In all likelihood, the day has gone much better than you anticipated.

I have experienced this phenomenon myself, and the above is pretty much the conclusion I came to about my own problems.

By afternoon you may had some interactions with others around you, and that can be a boon, and help you feel like you are cared about.

I hope my ramblings help somewhat. Take care, and know that if you are thinking (as I so often do) that no one cares, just remember, they really do. They may not realize just how important it is for you to hear it and know it.

Be blessed, and keep "smiling in faith." That, too, may help you feel better.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
102 of 140 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.