Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

lost
Justneedtime posted:
What do you do when you feel like you really have no one to talk to and those that you having been talking to, really stop reacting? I am going through so much and keep wanting to give up and Im told to just get up and keep going, but yet I don't know where to go

whysotoughwhensomuch responded:
This is exactly how I feel. I work in a very toxic place and was excited to spend time with family for an event and that turned out to be a very toxic environment. Now I am left with an uneasy feeling of how do I move on from here. I have done nothing but complain about my work and my family to friends and do not want to continue to be a burden.
I came here hoping to burden people who might know what I am going through. Plus, it just seems to be a last resort.
I realized I have done a lot of talking about me and not helping you~I do know what you are talking about. I do not know what the answers are. I have been thinking lately, that emotions are very difficult to deal with~reply back with some specifics, maybe I can shed some light for you!

kitty10017 responded:
I also know how you feel. I have lost friends that way. I isolated myself and when I did talk to my "friends", I would talk about the same thing over and over and they got, well, they got sick of me.

While this is a good forum to share your feelings, a therapist can be better. They will listen (we pay them to!) but they won't judge you or get sick of you. You just need to get your feelings out, I get that. If you have a best friend, just sit with them and tell them that you need to cry this out or talk. If they are truly a best friend, they will sit with you.

So many of us want to give up, hell, right now at this moment I want to. And the very few close friends I have tell me the same thing - "Keep going." "It will get better." "He is the one that lost out." And what I have identified as my problem is that I hear them saying it, but I don't believe them. I think, how can I keep going? If I wasn't good enough for him, who am I good enough for?" (one of my issues, as you may tell is that I don't have a relationship). I understand what they are saying to me, but I am not listening or believing them.

Obviously, I can't give you textbook answers to your questions, I can just share experiences of my own. I really would consider seeing a therapist to speak to. Get all your feelings out to them and start conversing with your friends about different topics. I would hate to see other people lose friends like I have. It's not a good feeling.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

more to bipolar treatments
I'm bipolar and just went through what I could find in WebMD for this. I noticed a piece is missing. In addition to medication and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.