Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

No one hears me
SnowPrincess6 posted:
No one hears me and no one listens to me. I'm surrounded by family and friends but I feel alone and invisible. I'm always there when someone needs me but no one hears me when I cry out for help.

kitty10017 responded:
I know exactly how you feel SnowPrincess6. This happened to me last year. I felt like my whole life was falling apart and very, VERY, few people were there to listen and be my friend. I became very isolated and a lot of "friends" decided that they couldn't bear with me and my depression.

But what I also feel is that everyone has "a someone", whether it is a husband, wife, gf, bf, best friend, etc. I don't know what your situation is, but I am almost 30 and single. Most of my friends are married or in relationships and I envy the relationship they have with their other person. Even single people I know (i.e. my sister) have a best friend they can turn to to talk to. I don't have a best friend. I have a few "good" friends, but they all have their own things to do and, while I know I am not their priority, I just want someone to answer the phone when I need to talk or even text back.

But your family and friends are there, and even if you feel like you are invisible, you should do your best to reach out to them. One thing I have learned is that I can't expect people to be like aww what's wrong? I have to be the one to talk. If you aren't going to speak up, you are going to lose them. If that doesn't help, maybe seeing a therapist will help. They won't judge you and they are there to listen (it's what we pay them for!)

lissmeanstrouble responded:
I can relate as well, I feel like folks minimize my issues when I try to reach out for help. Ive become more comfortable in reaching out, only to find out that people are getting tired of hearing me.
I feel like my fiance tries to tune me out so he can watch tv. Some times I wonder if I am making the right choices, and wonder if life is really worth living if no one is going to truly care for me...

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.