Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

living with wifes depression
An_250975 posted:
I have been living with my wifes depression for a long time. Its been a struggle trying to cope with her illness while juggling work and rasing children. Over the past several months it seems to gotten worse, even though she is on several medications. I just recently found this site and am now seeing how others cope with this issue, an issue we all know dos not go away.

alaska_mommy responded:
All I can say is that if you can, try to be her advocate as far as getting help for her depression. Some people don't want help, or don't want someone else stepping in. But if you can, go with her to her doctor visits, and if she is not being heard by her doc as far as medications not working, then speak up for her. Is she getting counseling I hope?

pete3030 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
yes she sees a therapist regularly, and sees her Dr. They do tweak her meds, which sometimes works. I am totally supportive, but it is still a struggle, i am aways trying to get her to go out and walk or exercise, but she is reluctant to do so.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.