Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Severly Depressed
buchacat posted:
I have no family or friends. My son is an only child. My husband is a work alcolic. I can't take this anymore. When my son grows up he has no family or siblings. I cant take this lonliness anymore.
Someone please help me!!

Munch1967 responded:
I remember the pit I was in emotionally when I decided to end my life. I would sit with my finger on the call button of my cell phone with my friend's number dialed and be completely unable to push it. Thankfully, the day I had decided to end it, I got in an arguement with my husband. And I blurted out why I wanted him to leave the house. He stopped, looked at me, and said, "Now we get you help." And we did. You have a workaholic husband. Me, too. Tell him. He loves you more than work. He just doesn't know how to help you. But I bet he will put work aside to take you to a counselor. You see, depression is a disease of lies. Your mind tells you that you aren't worth it. You have no friends or anyone who cares. But those are the lies. A good counselor will help you learn how to call out those lies and stop them. And, if you don't have one, get a small dog. It will force you to take it for walks. And you need the exercise for your mental health. My little papillon/pekinese mix my husband gave me 6 months after my diagnosis is the best counselor ever. He makes me get out of bed on the bad days. And he has brought my husband and I closer. He's great therapy.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.