Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Why Go Through This?
kitty10017 posted:
Every day, I contemplate the easiest way to "go", but I am too chicken to take action and I don't know why. I really don't want to be here anymore. And I really believe that my friends and family will get over me. Everyone I know has a "somebody" to turn to in time of pain. I have 2 friends I discuss what is going on (oh and my therapist, but I pay her to listen) but they have their own lives to live - kids, husband, house, etc. I am almost 30 years old and I have nothing to show for it. Each year just gets worse and worse for me. Why believe that someone will fall in love with me? Why believe that one day, I will have my own children? Why stay here and give myself false hope in life? Each day just gets more difficult...

bridie55511 responded:
So, here's the funny thing...I'm 49 and was having those same thoughts when I was your age. I have them today too. Annoying, isn't it? I've found it helpful to look beyond myself ... and to look to others -- how can I make a moment better for them? If I'm not "happy" and not necessary...how might I make a tiny difference.
I'm amazed at the return I get from simply admiring a person's work, their shirt, their shoes, their energy. Getting out of my own brain and reaching out to others allows good stuff to get in.

If all else fails, love an animal. hug a neighbors dog, get a mouse...

but, realize these feelings are not unique to you and that there will be some BRIGHT days ahead. HUG!

Daphnebuffettlane responded:
I am 54 and suffered depression since I was 10.... I understand how you are feeling I have worn out my friends and family...lost jobs....because of my depression I have gone through drugs , therapy...and I am on Viibyrd right now...this morning I woke up crying but I could not tell you why...depression is a war we fight everyday ..a battle...but I keep fighting ....I am not afraid to die. I am afraid of living ..but do ..every day...

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.