Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Resistant Depression
An_251176 posted:
I have treatment resistant depression. For the past 30 years, I have been on literally every medication out there. The have been times when I have felt better but it doesn't last long. I have been in group therapy for nearly 3 years, had about 60 relapses, had ECT, which didn't work. It has got to the stage, where I would rather be dead then g through this hell. I simply can't take it anymore. I don't think it will ever go away and I simply cannot imagine living many more years with it.....it is the most terrible thing in the world!.

Daphnebuffettlane responded:
I have suffered from depression since I was 10 ...I am 54 ....I too have been on all different meds but they stop working..now I am on a new one Viibyrd ...I have not had Ect yet but I know it may be in my future....I cannot hold a job and ruin all my relationships ...none of my family talk to me...and I have no friends...I do not fear death...I fear living ..but I push myself through life ..I have a dog and 2cats that wake me up every morning ...or I do not think I would wake up...depression is the most terrible thing in the world...because you cannot rationalize your life.and it's worth...I have a girl friend with a daughter with CF .....I should feel lucky I do not have to deal with that hardship but then I am ashamed an wish I die in my sleep so she can have my lungs ...because she should be alive not me..

Roblicsw responded:
Have you looked into participating in clinical trials? There are several websites that can track all of the current ones, and the ones near you.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.