Resistant Depression
An_251176 posted:
I have treatment resistant depression. For the past 30 years, I have been on literally every medication out there. The have been times when I have felt better but it doesn't last long. I have been in group therapy for nearly 3 years, had about 60 relapses, had ECT, which didn't work. It has got to the stage, where I would rather be dead then g through this hell. I simply can't take it anymore. I don't think it will ever go away and I simply cannot imagine living many more years with it.....it is the most terrible thing in the world!.

Daphnebuffettlane responded:
I have suffered from depression since I was 10 ...I am 54 ....I too have been on all different meds but they stop working..now I am on a new one Viibyrd ...I have not had Ect yet but I know it may be in my future....I cannot hold a job and ruin all my relationships ...none of my family talk to me...and I have no friends...I do not fear death...I fear living ..but I push myself through life ..I have a dog and 2cats that wake me up every morning ...or I do not think I would wake up...depression is the most terrible thing in the world...because you cannot rationalize your life.and it's worth...I have a girl friend with a daughter with CF .....I should feel lucky I do not have to deal with that hardship but then I am ashamed an wish I die in my sleep so she can have my lungs ...because she should be alive not me..

Roblicsw responded:
Have you looked into participating in clinical trials? There are several websites that can track all of the current ones, and the ones near you.