Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

the world is falling apart
semed posted:
My depression is resurfacing rearing its ugly head..

My family cant seem to get along with each other. The kids are selfish, inconsiderate dont listen. In general being kids. They cant ot wont listen to any one at any time. Its so frustrating!! Their parents are at heir wits end yring to get them to listen and treat people with repect. The kids understand what is being asked yet they choose to ignore until someone is yelling at them.

We've had a lot of turmoil in recent months. My daughter and son-in-law jusy bought a home in January (and we still have not put everthing away,) out family dog had to be put down due to old with bad quality of life, just to name a couple of things. There is alot more in emotions being thrown everywhere, most with frustration or anger,

I feel like I've walked into the Twilight zone. It hurts so much to see everyone tearing at each other's throat. And I can't say anything or I'll start a fight. Had one already this week, cuz what I said wad undermining my daughters authority over her children and they heard me say it. To say the least it got really ugly really fast. I feel like I'm wallkng on shards of glass and each one is taking its share of blood.

I don't know if anyone will read this. Basically I'm just venting. I really need to see acounsellr or psychiatrist. I'm at my sits end in trying to help when it is not wanted. I'm holding everything in and trying to stay calm (high bp) and talk calmly without yelling. Its hard but I have to try something anything. I know I can't fix it all, but maybe my quiet calm will help mellow others.

I don't know what will happen. Just keep me in your prayers. PLEASE!!

diane246 responded:
will definetly keep u in my prayers,i have the same problem with resistant depression ,it seems asthough it will be o.k. &then something will trigger it & i cant stop crying.seeing atherapist is a good start!i dont know what i would do if i didnt have a good therapist.my family doesnt get along well either.its so depressing .ihave one friend i can talk to but amto ashamed to tell her all of the family stuff for fear she wont understand ,or will be judgemental..ive talked with u before .write if uneed to talk .

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

more to bipolar treatments
I'm bipolar and just went through what I could find in WebMD for this. I noticed a piece is missing. In addition to medication and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.