Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Starting to lose hope..
An_251229 posted:
Three years ago I started to get extremely sick. I have spent two years in bed after being poked and tested for just about everything possible. I am a 27 year old guy whose pituitary gland stopped functioning. My testosterone and thyroid hormones were basically non-existent. I have to take daily thyroid medications and every couple of months have testosterone pellets implanted in my hip.

My life has been flipped upside down and I honestly feel like i'm in the twilight zone. I deal with daily fatigue and extreme pain all over my body. I've never experienced being this TIRED!! I have broken bones, sprained joints, and torn tendons. This pain never ends! I can't sleep because it keeps me up and every morning I wake up feeling like death. No medication even makes it bearable. My memory, mood, interest, and feelings have changed dramatically! I used to be an energetic, smart, athletic, fun, social guy.. working to finish my degree and because of this I had to drop out of school. I had to quit my job and move in with my parents. It's awesome being 27 and living with your parents let me tell you! Now I spend my days and nights laying in bed watching TV. It's been a year here with my parents and I just want my old life back or part of it!

Due to the mood swings before getting my hormones regulated.. I drove away my best friend/girlfriend. Not having hormones made me angry! I said and did things that I can't even understand! I am so EMBARRASSED that I did those things. The worst part of it all is that I feel awful that I hurt her and I can't take away the pain I caused her. She thinks i'm that horrible monster that I was when I was sick.

I'm broke..sick.. in pain.. and I have come to the point where I cry everyday and I don't think I can keep making myself think this is going to get better.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.