Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

What dose my sleeping mean?
mondo25 posted:
Hi names amondo and i was wondering , if im just depressed or something wrong with my brain? was wondering what is it if can go to sleep for eight hours and then wake up but then couple hours later i want to just sleep again. I can go lay down or go curl up on couch and fall asleep and sleep again for like another eight hours in the same day. All i seem to want to do lately , just curl up in a blanket any where and fall asleep and not wake up. I sleep for 3 hours to 8 to 16hrs in a day . Could it be cause im working over nights? Even on my days off Ive gone to sleep at like 9pm but sleep clear till 5pm next day . I need to know thank you amondo

springboks1994 responded:
it all depends do you feel depressed (sad, crying, emmotional?) , if not you may have something out of whack in your body, i would suggest doing to the doctor and have a full work up, be very careful if your doctor wants to prescribe an antidepressant, these should only be prescribed by the correct MD which is a psychriatrist.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.