Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    PTSD and Scared.
    Emotional_Wreck posted:
    Good Afternoon, I am 24 years old and in 2011 I gave birth to a healthy baby boy that the hospital failed to protect and mistakently overdosed him. Due to the stress of my son I have had alot of medical issues (High Blood Pressure, Shingles, Just to name a few of them. I was prescribed 200mg of Zoloft and it has been over six months and It is not working. I have now been told to speak to a psyciatrist and maybe that will help with the stress. It is not that I am loosing it or something I am just not able to control my everyday emotions like everyone else. It seems like the normal that that i use to be able to shrug off and continue with life now hinder me. I know that it is normal for people to be moody especially because i am also a woman it is pretty natural but, my emotions and out burt of tears and anxiety with everyday tasks is becoming too much for me to bare and deal with. I AM SCARED TO GO TO THAT TYPE OF DOCTOR COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS TO EXPECT?
    springboks1994 responded:
    I am not sure if you mean your son was overdosed and passed away? Controlling every emmotions is really hard, i often get very emmotional and it is hard trying to manage a department of employees like this (for me), the best course of action for you is to see a mental proffesional who is a psyciatrist , however it is always a good idea to have a doctor do a complete work up on you to check for other courses of your depression , if it was caused by your son (possible death) then it will be a hard road to climb but you can do it, you will get through this it wont be easy and it will take more time than you think but YOU WILL GET THROUGH this, i really encourage you to join a group (communicty or church) who have experienced similar situations as you have, get a strong social circle with friends or family, get a phone buddy list of friends/family you can call when it gets to much so they can support you, you are 24 and there is still great times ahead of you , i know its hard to see that but you have to have faith in yourself.

    God bless you

    Helpful Tips

    Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
    Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    30 of 41 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.