Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Think I have depression.
An_251311 posted:
First, I feel as if I'm suffering from depression because It's like I can't be happy I find my happiest. It all started two months ago when me and this guy I really loved stopped talking. I really loved him, cared and wanted to be with him but I feel like niether one of us would let each other have one another. I say this because we worked at the same the job we started at the same time, same day. We started talking but I was under the impression that it was just as friends but he claimed that he wanted more but thats not what I got from him and I'm pretty good with knowing when somebody likes me. But,anyways where was another guy out there and we saw each other all the time and he actually said he liked me and so we messed around but he quit soon after. So he asked me did anything happen between me and the guy that quit I said no only because at this time we had started to get closer to each other so I didn't want to mess things up before they even started. From there everything was wonderful great we kissed, we spend time together like every day we talked on the phone all the time. But then round his birthday he messed around with another girl and it hurt me because he had asked me to be with him but didn;t call he went with her. So out of hurt and anger I told him about we I did with the guy that quit. So he got so hurt and mad then he pushed away from me a little bit nothing was ever the same after that because then he kept saying he was scared of me over one thing when he did several thigs but I let them go but he couldnt. We still remind close still held hands and evrything like a couple but it's like he wouldnt allow his self to be with as in myself I wouldnt allow myself to be with because I was scared of him too. But recently quit my job because I decided to end it because he kept saying he needed to decide on what he wanted such in who he wanted because he started talking to somebody I didnt like that because I feel if he truly loved me and I had his heart like he said then it wouldnt be a decision. So at work it's like we always would try to make each other jealous by little things but one day he took it to far when he invited a girl up there so I was so hurt and crushed I quit and changed my number so we dont contact each other the way he can contact me is by coming to my house.So now I have been upsetting myself with worrying if he thinking bout me, do I cross his mind?, did he try to call my old number? does he miss me? Is he going to lunch with another female at work now? everything and I get to a point where I will feel better and feel like I'm getting over it but the next day I'm back crying and sad. I try to get out the house because I heard that you should get out the house and surround myself with friends and things. I have been getting out and I will feel better for a moment but right back to sadness and recently I had plans with friends and they cancelled all of them so that made me cry and as cry about that he pops up in my mind and I'm back to crying I just sit in my room and cry and be sad and thoughts of just leaving cross my mind and I offen just wish I could start over my life I feel like just getting away because I feel unwanted like no body cares and I just feel depressed. So all this happening makes me feel like I'm suffering from depression. But I don't know if it's depression or just me still feeling heart broken and betrayed by friends. I dont know if maybe I shouldn't have quit and maybe I should have had closure talked to him about and make thats what's bothering me or is it love like was he really the one. If I stayed would me would have got back together or was it really over? It's so much questions I have becase I'm so confused and I feel like my brain is going to exposed it's been 2 months. I feel stupid at times because I feel I'm thinking bout him and he probably think bout me. I have so many issues and I dont know if it's depression or just love thats bothering me so much.

rohvannyn responded:
It could be situational depression which would go away after a while. Depression usually lasts for months or more, and is also measured by severity. Take care of yourself for a while, allow yourself to grieve for the relationship, and if the feelings of sadness stay really bad for a really long time it could be depression. In the meantime, try to do nice things for yourself, eat nutritious food, go out for walks, listen to good music. It will help.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
102 of 140 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.