Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depressed need help please
lorettann posted:
My Mom is ill, she has a low grade neuroendocrine liver tumor, dementia, macular vision problems, diabetes, left mastectomy and more. We have gotten a diagnosis from John Hopkins in Baltimore the cancer will most likely not cause the end of her life, it will be infections or something else. Since we got a word in November about the liver tumor I have been constantly depressed and worried. I don't want to loose my Mom, I cry all the time and always try and think of any thing I can do to help something from going wrong. She has been in the hospital twice since January with UTIs. When she gets them, she goes through states of getting weak and not eating, and I get her to the hospital, panic, depress, and worry. I also have a three year old little girl I love dearly. If it were not due to my adult daughter helping out with her, I don't know what I would do. I was on Prozac for years, but decided to go off it last summer. I got too many electric zaps from it. My doctor a few weeks ago put me on Zoloft, that did nothing but give me electric zaps. Now I am on Pristiq, and am getting help with it with ativan. I always feel so terrible and worried, I don't know how to make this go away. Today I took my little girl for a Spring walk, took her to Mass, and then did some PT exercises with my Mom. I just went through the motions, and feel absolutely awful inside. I haven't been able to find a support group to attend. Can anybody here help me out? Sorry to bother everyone, I am looking for help.

Daphnebuffettlane responded:
I know what you must be going through...I suffer from depression and took care of my dying Mom for 8 months....she passed last April...I went through a lot of meds..on Viibyrd right now....my depression has not completely lifted because grieving also...up and down moods...wake up crying for no reason...depression is a constant battle...it tears down your sense of self....and self esteem....you never feel like you are doing the right thing ....it is hard to get out ...so taking a walk is a good thing to do with your daughter...I nearly never go out....I try but then I do not do it...Hospital have great support groups...so does Hospice...I use both..hope this helps...

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.