Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    Psychologist recommendation
    An_251405 posted:
    I am trying to find a psychologist in the East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona to help my husband who is suffering from depression.

    My husband is barely able to work, and he is drinking far too much. He stopped exercising and doing the things he loves.

    He finally agreed to get help, but I am having a hard time finding a psychologist for him.

    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    momuv4girls responded:

    While we are not allowed to give out specific Dr. names, my suggestion would be to find a board certified Psychiatrist - not a psychologist.

    A psychiatrist is a medical Dr. who can prescribe medication and do a full-evaluation on your husband, then recommend what type of treatment would be the most helpful.

    I googled, "how to find a board certified psychiatrist in Arizona", and got responses like this one:

    Once you have a list of qualified Dr.'s, then go thru your insurance company, and find out which psysicians take your insurance.

    Hope this helps! Take care, and good luck to you both,

    Helpful Tips

    iPhone app that helps me stay active
    I've been using the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone app to track my activities and to rate how good the activity made me fell. I find that doing ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 10 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.