Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Psychologist recommendation
An_251405 posted:
I am trying to find a psychologist in the East Valley of Phoenix, Arizona to help my husband who is suffering from depression.

My husband is barely able to work, and he is drinking far too much. He stopped exercising and doing the things he loves.

He finally agreed to get help, but I am having a hard time finding a psychologist for him.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
momuv4girls responded:

While we are not allowed to give out specific Dr. names, my suggestion would be to find a board certified Psychiatrist - not a psychologist.

A psychiatrist is a medical Dr. who can prescribe medication and do a full-evaluation on your husband, then recommend what type of treatment would be the most helpful.

I googled, "how to find a board certified psychiatrist in Arizona", and got responses like this one:

Once you have a list of qualified Dr.'s, then go thru your insurance company, and find out which psysicians take your insurance.

Hope this helps! Take care, and good luck to you both,

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Mental Health Problems
Mental Health problems can bang anyone at anytime.The access of a ambit of mental disorders and mental health related problems will about ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.