Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

glad I found this
An_251408 posted:
glad to have found this forum
I have been living with my hubby for 18 years
He has had depression from the onset, however it took 8 years for him go to the doctor
he is on meds, he is up and down, does the sitting with the computer/laptop/crossword.. anything but have a decent conversation with me,
He can be fantastic for a few days, and I have him back with me and before you know it away he goes again,
I do try and ride the wave with him but today I found myself shouting at him as he lay in his bed all morning while we had lots of things to do, then when he got up, he managed 10 mins at the table with me for breakfast while he looked at his laptop, then proceeded to move over to the couch to start his lounging..
he works hard when he is at work, however he has no interest in anything else apart from filling his head with anything real..
this is not a moan its just part of living with a depressive whom has no interest in life, will not walk, talk, rarely smiles, is snappy with me and lots of others, hides from the phone, people, drinks too much..
at the end of the day, I love him , feel sorry and all of that for him , however it gets to us too

cach8 responded:
Your husband sounds exactly the way I feel. I find it very difficult to sit and have a conversation. Would rather do crosswords, be on the laptop, or read than have a conversation. It's not that I don't want to have a conversation. I just don't know what to say. My relationship is in the process of bbreaking up and I don't know what to do to fix it.

baxterpico replied to cach8's response:
from the other side.. I understand how you/my husband feels, I have read up on it and have lived with his depression too
what can I say.. after a while it is very waring and that is a fact.
no matter how much I love my hubby I still want to scream with frustration as life is slipping us by.
I would like my hubby to try and compromise a bit with me, just try..
If its any concelation, I wouldnt leave , I love him and will deal with the ups and downs, its just very difficult
When the good is good,I enjoy the time we spend, however at the back of my mind I know it will poss last for a couple of days until I see him " glazing over " and away it goes...oh I could go on and on....x

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

I m so horrible about my life right now
Actually I m manager of the bar, and everybody think I m a nice bartender, but I don`t feel happy to talk to people anymore, I feel I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.