Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

DEPRESSION AND HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS,
jackie121 posted:
Hi,
I suffer with depression,anxiety and ibs and have to take a variety of medication for these conditions including bata blockers (Atenolol 50mg)and (sertraline 50mg).
I desperately want to lose weight,but as alot of us know taking similar medication the will power and good intention go out the window when you are having a bad day.
And alot of diet pills are not reccommended while taking above medication

Take the Poll

Is the any diet pills that suppress my appetite,available i can take with beta blockers (atenolol and stertraline)anti depressant's?
  • any suggestions
  • any suggustions
vote
View Poll Results

diane246 responded:
hi ,jackie im to atenolol and prozac , i have gained so much weight iwas also wondering ,if i could take an appetite supressant.?let me know what u find out

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 33 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.