Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I really messed up.
Rhino2604 posted:
I am a happily marrried man of 12yrs and have a wife that suffers from massive bipolar disorder. It was about a year ago that my wife "crashed" and had to be commited. Long story short she got to go to Vegas this passed weekend on a company paid 4 day weekend. We have been working on her condition together. She in her mind thinks that nobody is attracted to her and had a few drinks down in the resort bar and than called e at 2am to tell me she had not even garnerd a "look" from anybody. All I could do was tell her she is still number 1 in mine eyes and to txt me when she got back to her room. Piece of mind thing for me. Well at 9am I finally get a call saying that she worked up the nerve to be agressive and had sex with a guy from the bar.
I am a bit blown away as I did everything but dare her. It has however given her a huge boost to her self esteem. My question is have I just made her feel 1000 times better at my own expense.

rohvannyn responded:
Unless I'm missing something, I can't see how you messed up here! Sounds like you just said supportive things. Did you suggest that she sleep with another guy? If you did, then I coould understand your feelings, but you should probably forgive her and forget about it unless the behavior continues. I certainly get that you feel betrayed though, I can see why!

It's probably good that she's feeling better about herself- however, it's worrisome that your opinion about her attractiveness seems to mean so much less than the opinion of a stranger... unless it's just the thrill of doing something unusual? I hope you get to feeling better soon in any case. Your words don't tell me that you made her do anything so I don't know why you would feel guilty.

Could her bipolar disorder possibly be affecting her judgement? Even in an open relationship, just hooking up with some random guy is a dangerous thing to do, so if you need to talk to her about it, you can approach things from a caring sort of standpoint.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Do not change your meds...Expert
without consulting your prescriber. I am very concerned with many, many posts where folks are dropping, lowering, changing their meds ... More
Was this Helpful?
103 of 141 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.