Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

depression or not?
An_251608 posted:
Im 18 years old and never thought that depression would be a part of my life. About three times a year i will get into a really bad arguement with someone from my intermediate family, and id go to my room and contemplate suicide, i wrote a suicide letter on two occasions but have never gone through with it. for the past month ive slowely been getting more tired/exhausted and not sleeping properly, ive had a loss of appetite also. When i was 13 my family and i moved to canada and lately ive been feeling really really homesick, alone, like theres no one that cares about me either here in canada or in my birth country. i havent stopped crying for the past 5 days and i feel done, done with everyone and everythingi feel like giving up, like if i just went away no one would care and i could be free. I want to leave everything. it seems silly to think that i would have depression because no one really thinks that have it but lately ive been accepting the fact that i may have it, i dont know what to do i feel like if i talk to anyone about this i will just cry again and not stop i cant tell anyone. but i dont know what to do.

rohvannyn responded:
How would someone else know for sure whether you have depression or not? You know your own mind and your own heart. There are great resources here, including a depression slideshow that tells you about symptoms and solutions. For me, it's a hopeful thing to know that depression is actually something going on inside my brain, not just "being a wimp," or "being too emotional." That allows me to see it as a problem that can be understood and dealt with. Meantime, there are folks here who understand what you are going through, and are willing to let you vent, or offer you support, as you need it.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.