Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Opening Up
elaine0616 posted:
I am 60 years old, and have been suffering from depression and anxiety for my entire life. Until not so long ago I would have never admitted it, and even now it is really hard for me to talk about it.I am taking 40 mg of Prozac daily for the depression, but take nothing for the anxiety. I go for my first counseling appointment on Monday, I am hoping that helps. And, I don't even know why I am typing this, just for some support I guess

rohvannyn responded:
Thank you for reaching out. It takes bravery to do that sometimes. It's awesome that you are taking steps to get help, and that you are working hard and talking about it. It will get better. Thanks for being here, you'll make it.

margueritemae responded:
I am new here, too. I have only recently been fighting depression, so I am not sure how to cope.

I would be here if you need to talk or vent.

elaine0616 replied to margueritemae's response:
Thanks

elaine0616 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.