Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Trying To Deal
An_251733 posted:
I've never been on a discussion board before, but am trying to see if there are people that can relate. I've had depression/anxiety for years on and off of meds. I had been doing really well off of meds since the beginning of the year in 2012. My sister got recently diagnosed w/ lymphoma, I've been trying to recuperate from an injury since 2010, and due to a domino effect of life events my migraines are out of control which doesn't allow me to work the way I should and now my house is in foreclosure. I realize people have problems - many a lot more significant than my own, but I can't seem to get out of my rut. I can't handle anymore stress. I feel broken and unable to face life the way I should. My sister who is going through chemo seems to be having more strength than I am, which makes me feel so ashamed. I have a husband and daughter and I feel it takes all of my strength and determination to be present with them.

itmatsb responded:
So sorry to hear about your problems. It certainly sounds like it is time for you to go back on the medications. And my psychiatrist told me that with a history of depression that I should not go on and off of anti-depressants because it can be harder to treat and can take more of the medication to work. I took his advice. But then about 6 years later, I had a very difficult time and thought that no drug could possibly help me with something that was so situational. I was truly amazed when the depression lifted about a month later from just increasing the anti-depressant.

If you get your depression under control, then you can tackle anything. Really. So I sincerely hope that you will get back on your medication. All the best to you.

An_251747 responded:
Depression can really zap your energy. I can relate to your dilemma. It takes hours for me to complete any task that involves mental energy and concentration. Poor sleep does not help either. But I try to remember depression is an illness and self criticism and shame make it worse. I turn to my best friend-bless her heart-and adult son when needed. I hope you have the courage to disclose what is happening to you.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

safe AD to take with tramadol.
my doctor just put me on tramadol and i take cymbalta. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.