Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

    What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
    How and Why to Report a Post
    Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

    Life is getting worse for me
    meu2rocks posted:
    my life started with a big hope that i will become something useful to community atleast to my family. My family is a moderate family with educated parents . They gave me all the things they can. But now i am feeling like i couldnt return any favour to them for what they did. I completed my graduation abt 10 months before. i got a small teaching job with that i increased my potential in the subject i studied for graduation but still i am not able to reach a position that my parents can say proudly abt me to others. meanwhile my other cousins are moving foward will excellence. each day i have to saw my mothers and fathers depression abt me. feels like i am a big disappointment for them. there is no body i can talk freely abt this . i am really stressed out.sometimes i feel like going away from here. but there is no point in doing that r8. i am just saying these because i am really sad today. really really sad.
    itmatsb responded:
    I posted a long response to give you more hope which I got the response AFTER I had submitted it, that I would have to try later. My posting was gone. If it doesn't appear by tomorrow, I will re-type it. It was a lot of work to type it and now I have to go to bed. But don't give up.
    itmatsb responded:
    I am so sorry to hear about your problems. I don't know whether it has been 10 months or longer since you graduated. Could you answer that for me? Ten months isn't long at all to find a good job, at least in the U.S. What country do you live in? All I know about is the U.S. where it is very difficult for college educated people to find work. It can clearly take awhile to get a good job. What kind of job are you looking for? Teaching jobs are one of the most difficult to get. Your cousins may have different educations or they may have had more luck. You and your parents should not be comparing you to your cousins. Could you increase your chances of getting a job by expanding the geographical locations where you look for them? Many colleges have free job counseling services after you have graduated. Have you looked into that? It would helpful to have a little bit more information about what you are expecting of yourself. And perhaps you are misinterpreting your parents' depression. It sounds strange that a child not finding a great job would put parents into depression. Could it be something else? Have you talked to them about it? Communication is a wonderful thing. Please don't give up. I really hope that you will answer back. All the best to you.

    Helpful Tips

    Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
    Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    30 of 41 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.