Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Venting again
coldhart posted:
How am i going to manage it all. My husband had amputation half way to his knee Friday. I have to find us a place to live that he can get around in. This place is too small. Pack up the house, get things moved and emotionally support him at the same time. I just don't want to do any of it. And i only have about 3 weeks to do it. I have health issues that need addressed each day and we are both 70 years old. I am angry at him. This could have been avoided if he had taken better care of himself but i will not say "I told you this would happen". Oh well, the fighter in me will get thru this. Thanks for this space to get it off my chest.

Ryhaan responded:
are these comments moderated?

rohvannyn responded:
To Coldhart, sorry to hear you are going through so much. You are right, you will get through it, even though it won't be easy. Best of luck getting things done, and don't forget to reach out for support and help if you have it. There are resources for caregivers online that might help you, even if you aren't going to be his "caregiver" after he recovers from the amputation.

To Ryhaan, as far as I know there aren't any live moderators on but if there is a problem with a post, such as spam etc, we all use the "Report This" link to bring it to one of the offline mods' attention.

itmatsb responded:
So sorry that you are having to go through so much with health issues and with your age. #1 is that you have to watch out for your own health or you are useless to your husband. And who will help you then? I would just not rush to get it all done. Your husband can survive in your small place for awhile, can't he? If he can't get around, bring him a pot to do his bathroom duties and bring him his food. That's exactly what they do in nursing homes where people cannot move around. That's what they did for my mother at the end. Try to get as much help as you can. Ask the doctor or hospital if they know of any programs available for you to get help. Wish you the best.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.