Trying but not succeeding
mem2010 posted:
I have been depressed for a long time now. I don't think anyone actually sees it at all. I've been trying so hard to make things right in my life. I'm a single mom, working, and going to school. I'm not having much help from my family and I feel like they're only bringing me down. My parents are alcoholics and are absolutely horrible to each other half of the time. I cant stand being in this environment. I've had too many bad relationships with people, I feel like I am the one who ruins it. Half the time I just wanna give up and forget what I have and move on to something new and better. Its almost as if I'm over loading myself, I've never been a person to take on a lot of responsibility without quitting everything. Sometimes I think that what I'm doing is just stupid and that I should just give up now before I hurt myself more.
But out of all honesty I want what's best for my daughter. I want a good environment for her, good family, good friends. I wish I could give her everything I didn't have in a family growing up.
I've thought to myself maybe I should move out of my parents house. Maybe it'll help me a little but what if I cant do it on my own. What if I cant do school either. What if I just fail at it completely.
This is mostly me venting. I don't really have anybody to talk to that will really help me out. Please? Anybody?

rohvannyn responded:
Well, we can help by listening! Welcome. It must be tough to be in your situation and you are right, you need support. Have you considered Al-Anon or a similar support group for friends and family of alocholics? That way you'd have companionship and support, as well as a way to gain some coping skills. I know it's rough with a tight schedule though. Even an online group like this?

My best to you. Keep up the self-talk, you can do it.

mem2010 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you that means a lot. And I had no idea there were support groups for family with alcoholics. Ill look into it for sure

mem2010 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you so much I really appreciate it. I had no idea there were support groups for families with alcoholics. Ill look into that. I just wish I could get out of this situation. I've been dealing with this since I can first remember and I don't want to put my daughter through it. And when I did move out a few years ago I actually felt a lot better about myself and realized their drinking wasn't my fault and their actions were mostly based on that alone