Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

I'm over it
Tinamfs posted:
I'm 27 and been depressed for at least 4-5 years now. I have my bad months and then I get better. I stop taking meds because at the end of the day, I'm just not happy. I have a great job and a husband that loves me limitless. I live the dream life and some people would say, but I'm just so depressed and tired of having teary eyes all the time. I'm just not happy. Nothing in the world would make me happy. I just can't keep going on with my life being this miserable and I just want to be normal. I want to wake up one day and actually be happy and it seems like that won't happen.

I'm very strong person and never felt so weak and I don't want to continue hurting the people around me. How do you get over it? do you ever get normal? I need help.
I have never felt this hopeless!

itmatsb responded:
If your meds didn't help you, then they need to be increased, or you need to try meds in a different class. Have you really tried meds in all the major classes? You sound like you have clinical depression since you know that reality is good. I had a wonderful life in every way and knew it, but was severely depressed. Finding the right medication fixed everything. Then I got severely depressed due to very bad life circumstances. It was so situational that I didn't think anything could help me. But just raising the anti-depressant completely took away my depression. Your life and happiness is in your hands. Don't give up.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

coping
can you think about the positives in your life? You work hard. You know how to do that. That's pretty admirable. I Remind myself of little ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.