Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Hard Weekend!!:(
steph1977 posted:
I have a had a really hard weekend. I cant really pinpoint why i just didnt want to get out of the bed:( it makes me feel so much worse when this happens because of the GUILT!!! I am on Cymbalta and seems to be doing ok sometimes and not others. Im so confused and discouraged in myself. I just dont know where to turn sometimes!! Anyone ever feel like this or have days like this?

sittingbull594 responded:
yes. i'm having one today. It is hard for sure.

I've been told there is good and bad days when you're in this mood. I suppose that is right?!

What have you tried to make yourself feel better? good for you you got out of bed. so did I though I went back for a bit.

I guess i'll go to work now. I'm glad you wrote

steph1977 replied to sittingbull594's response:
I just get so frustrated. It helps to be able to get on here and communicate with others that understand. I did get up and down some this weekend but i still feel like im not giving my kids everything they deserve. this isnt their fault. i feel like such a failure

sittingbull594 replied to steph1977's response:
yes I've found these forums helpful too. sometimes we're not able to give 100% all of the time and tht is ok. sometimes 40% is all we can give. when that becomes week after week then it becomes the problem.
I don't know where you are at with the depression??

has it gone on for a long time? a lot about depression is how we think. see I say to myself, "I hate me" You say to yourself, "I feel like such a failure."

Do you think if you just acted like a kid for a day with your kids that might break something out of you. Just be and have fun with the kids. you may have to work up to a task and then do it and once you do it then you feel like yeah I did that and there is a little bit of satisfaction. and then build on that.

yes I understand the frustration piece I am that most of the time too. its very hard. I hate frustration. I don't have a good thing to say ab out that but if you get up and do something and keep putting one foot in front of the other you will feel better eventually.

well you take care now...

steph1977 replied to sittingbull594's response:
have battled with the depression on and off for years. The past year has been more on than off... I know i have some good days and im not asking for perfection from myself just normal. I guess i want to be like everybody else i see in the world on a daily basis.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Goals
Counseling is good, but pick a goal and commit to it. If you are serious about being whole for your kids, then focus on that goal. When ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.