Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Been a LONG time since I have posted...
Mrs_Gantt posted:
I received an email a while back from someone replying to my post and wondering how I was doing... I was not ready to post anything at that time. It is such a long story as to everything that has transpired since I last posted but... In a lot of ways I am doing better... Some ways I have new battles to face...

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at the beginning of the year so I have been busy taking care of her. Hopefully they got it all this time and she seems to be on the road to recovery.

My husband recently accepted a new job, after we BOTH discussed it. See, he will be traveling and RARELY ever home. So, this leaves me kind of alone... My youngest son moved back in last October so he is here, but he works nights. Fortunately my landlord FINALLY put deadbolts on my doors so hopefully I sleep somewhat better.

Fortunately, I am very confident in my husband staying faithful as I know I will with him. He is my true soulmate and we are just really good together. I do worry about getting lonely and really missing him though.

My middle son still has barely any contact with me but I am dealing with it. (See my bio for information on this)

I am LOVING being a grandmother and get to babysit him at least 1 day a week! He is just over a year old now and just brings a smile to my face every time I see him!

I have not been able to see my therapist since December but and going back in the next couple of weeks. My psychiatrists office is making some changes and I cannot get back in til July but, they will refill my meds as needed.

I usually do not have much to say to others as I am not good with advice, words, or anything. I am always at a loss for words and always afraid of saying something wrong.

I came back because I feel the need to establish some support again as I get through my husbands new job... I do not have any friends in real life as well... Maybe I am just kinda backwards... I am just so used to it being my husband & I. I do not work but am planning on starting some volunteer work to get me out of the house more.

Anyhow... That is me...
Peace, Love, and Hugs...

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Ways to help depression
I thought I'd make a little list of things that have helped me, so we can all add to it and help each other. Who knows what we may find, if ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.