Skip to content

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

can someone please relate and help me
jackiedev posted:
my depression has been off and on but so much more on in the last few days i feel like my past is haunting my mind again things ive done and things ive been through and i cant seem to shake it i have no friends that can or will understand no family who understand because they wanna blame my fiance. nobody nowadays understands the term depression they just think its sadness. sometimes i feel as if death is my only way to be free of emotion but i know i have so much fmore fight in me. i feel everything at once sadness anger confusion anxiety and its taking over more and more everytime it hits i just need a friend who understands . i want help and i want to be normal again.

rohvannyn responded:
You will find many here who understand, Jackie. You will find many, including me, who totally understand the desire just to be normal again. You are so right, depression is more than just sad feelings. There's a lot of good info here on WebMD about that, actually. It was eye opening for me. Perhaps you can check some of it out, better understanding might help you gain coping strategies, and also give you some hard facts to give to people who don't understand.

I'm with you.

jackiedev replied to rohvannyn's response:
thank you ..it just physically hurts when im going through it and trying to explain how it feels , seems impossible thank you so much for replying it means alot! i will check it out .. because me just trying to ignore it or compressing it inside isnt good. it makes it worse thank you again!

meow0730 responded:
It's hard talking to people who have never had depression. They have no concept of it at all and the advice they give is so asinine, it's hard not to snap at them. I know how you feel.

Liamma responded:
Reaching out and helping others is so helpful.Volunteering. It makes you feel good about yourself, gets your mind off your problems for awhile.

How about a vacation. Get away . Refresh, renew. Get a new perspective on things.

Talk to a priest or a therapist or a hotline. You don't need to know the person just need to get it off your chest.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.