Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

An_252452 posted:
Depression and anxiety disorder run in my family. I lost my dad and brother last two years ago, and struggled coping. I got really sick and depressed ect. I got married and my husband has completely changed my life. For the first time, I have experienced genuine happiness and contentment. My mom passed away June 7th of this year. I'm not sure what a wise next step should be. Should I preemptively see a doctor given my past with depression? I don't want her loss to have the same effect on me as my dad and brothers did.
Mom5974 responded:
Perhaps see a grief counselor if you still are concerned. A good one will be able to help you deal with your loss.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

hey members, never let depression over run you, because it could put you in jail for doing something to others. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.