Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Depressed husband
An_252478 posted:
Hi, I strongly believe my husband is depressed but he won't get help. He won't even talk about it and we are currently living in a silent treatment home. The only thing we talk about is errands to run. It all began when I was pregnant. I think it's the lifestyle change that triggered it. I've brought up but he gets defensive. I sought couples counseling with him and he only came to the first session and I went to the second one alone because he refused to co to ur. I don't know how to talk to him about it as I've tried many ways including 'I'm concerned, I love you, do it for you son' but he just either gets defensive, walks away or says ya but nothing changes. What should I do/say? I don't want to live in an unhappy marriage forever. I feel like I'm on eggshells around him. I don't want to divorce but I feel like we are headed down that path
rohvannyn responded:
Lay it out there. Be direct. Try not to blame. This will be hard, but if you can, just say "okay, here is the situation. This is what is going on. I can't fix this alone, I need your help. What can we do, together, to fix this? If we don't fix this, you are going to lose your family."

Guys usually don't take hints well but they are usually solution oriented.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.