Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

Fear Of Death
SoulNHealing posted:
How do one overcome this fear that is the cause to my PAD,Ive saw alot of death in a young age&I feel like it messed up my mind. I have had this fear since the age of 14&this year it got much worse,I don't know if it's because Iam close to 30 with no life&nothing good. I just don't know&I want to overcome this fear already,it has already took so much of my life away&the fear is the only thing that keeps me here. I know one day we all must go I just can't except the thought of being no more,I want a long life. But know that I must except the truth&move on&live,so that I may have all that I desire with peace of mind&joy.

legion420 responded:
hello,
there is no blanket kinda way on this.its very much an individual thing.even as a child-death has never held any fear to me,just the opposite actually.now how i will die,is of course in the back of most minds.i cant imagine anyone wanting to go through a long and painful journey to the end.when time comes-most hope it to be fast naturally.some say religion helps them,me i do not have any religious believes/knowledge and don't need or want them.never have.everything that lives eventually dies.but how-no one can predict so perhaps its not death you fear but how you will pass on-they are separate things.good luck on finding the answer to your question.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Sexual Problems from Meds..What to do!Expert
Serotonin type antidepressants can cause 5-30% of the time- sexual problems such as no orgasm, impotence, no libido. Consider that ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.