Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

hopefully someone can help me
An_252642 posted:
hi I am 45 years old and have been suffering from depression for a long time. recently it has been much worse and I am not sure if I am bipolar or manic depressed or what exactly my problem is. I am afraid if something doesn't change its going to cost me my marriage. I know that my husband doesn't understand what I am going thou as I really don't either. sometimes im happy and at other times I am so mad that I cant think straight. I am not sure what to do. I don't have a job and cant afford to go to a doctor or therapist. I really want some help but do not know what to do. please help thank you

itmatsb responded:
Sorry, but you need to go to a doctor. Would you rather be miserable and divorced as well? Doesn't your husband have a job to pay for a doctor appointment or would he rather have a difficult wife? Or borrow some money from your family for this very important medical appointment. You could ask if the doctor has any sliding scale rates. It is really bad that you are 45 years, have suffered from depression for many years and have never sought medical help for it. If you can treat your depression, you will be much more likely to be able to work and pay for more than this doctor appointment. I really hope that you will go to a doctor.

legion420 responded:
does your state have dshs medical assistance for unemployed adults?

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Group for Families and friends of people with depression
Since most of the family support sites are 404, I set one up for friends, family and spouses of people with depression. Actually, everyone ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.