Skip to content


Please take some time to click through these links to find out more about our community.

What is a Trigger and When to Trigger a Post
How and Why to Report a Post
Visit our Crisis Assistance Link for resources. For immediate help, call 911 or get to the ER.

How do I get fixed
kayefly1 posted:
Have a husband crack addict, try to keep home nice but it is getting away from me so many days I wake up with good intentions but just can't force myself into the shower and out of my pj's, so I will swipe over everything and lay down. I have a really good job but it is stressful although rewarding I can't seem to want to get out of bed to go to work anymore and when I do I don't do my hair or makeup anymore. I took anti depressants about 10 years ago but quit after I gained about 30 lbs and was more depressed over my weight.i want to leave but I have to stay where the job is and my husband won't leave and in sc I can't force him to go. Where do I turn, what do I do, who do I see?
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful
alaska_mommy responded:
I'd suggest seeing a therapist/counselor, and maybe look into antidepressants again if you and your doctor decide it would be helpful. Definitely try something other than what you had taken before, you don't need to add weight gain to the list of what is bringing you down. Not all antidepressants make you gain weight, and there are a lot out there to try.
I won't try to comment on the husband situation, but talk to a therapist about it (feel free to talk here too). Is there some way you could put some distance between you and him? Sounds like he's not really helping your situation.

Featuring Experts

Thomas L. Schwartz, MD, received his medical degree from and completed his residency in adult psychiatry at the State University of New York (SUNY) Up...More

Helpful Tips

Mental Health Problems
Mental Health problems can bang anyone at anytime.The access of a ambit of mental disorders and mental health related problems will about ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.