Skip to content
Anyone here heard of Isagenix?
LuLu70342 posted:
Hi!

I've had Type I diabetes for 49 years. I have been trying (not very hard though) to lose about 20 pounds, but, have not been successful yet.

My son told me about something new called Isagenix.

I was wondering if anyone of you in here have heard of this product?

smip responded:
I would suggest that you ask your doctor before you start any of the snake oil products that calim to cure everything. The best way to lose weight is to eat 3 square meals a day to include snacks. And doing something as simple as gardening for exercise or something simpler if you have trouble getting about.

I use an exercise bike only 7 minutes twice a day. I have lost 1 pound a week. Not much, but 4 pounds a month adds up.

LuLu70342 responded:
I am not going to try it at all. I just wanted to know if any one in this room has heard of it. As I stated in my 1st message, I've had diabetes since age 6 and have done well thus far. Thanks

chtester responded:
I googled it and it claims to be a nutritional "cleansing" product. These things are money makers for the people that sell them. There are probably some healthy herbs, some not so healthy chemicals, and a lot of filler in these supplements. I wouldn't waste my money if I were you.

The bottom line is that if you want to lose weight, you have to eat less, exercise more, and then balance that with the right and lower amount of insulin. I know it is hard, but it is the best and safest way to do it. The slower you do it, the more likely you will be to keep it off too.

Good luck to you.

Cora

LuLu70342 responded:
Hi Cora!

Thanks, but, it seems as though you and another person seem to think I will be trying this product.

On the contrary, I am not, but, I just wanted to know if anyone here on the boards may have heard of this.

I know I have to increase my exercising and I am doing that..........very slowly..........so far, I have only lost 2 pounds in one month, but, at least THAT is 2 pounds less on me and my body!

Take care and thanks for your input!

LuLu

chtester responded:
Sorry. It's kind of a knee jerk response. So many people post about supplements that they want to take. And others see something posted and want to try it right away. That way I covered all my bases. LOL.

Anyway, congrats on the 2 pounds. Just think that if you keep that up by the end of a year you will have lost about 25 pounds!

Cora

arealgijoe responded:
Hi LuLu...........

Ok knee jerks et al.........

Normally when a person ASKS about something, especially mentioning a possable related goal they have, they ask because there is at least some interest or curiosity about the product. Myself, I hear about all kinds of snake oil and dismiss it outright, hence I do not bother aksing for that same reason.

Remember they are acting with the most honorable intentions to keep their fellow Ds here healthy and wise.

You got some good advice here, and a couple pounds off is better than a couple pounds on, usually.

(*&*( GOMER sez save yer money....... & congrats on that 32 oz.

abcat2000 responded:
When I hear the commercials for colon cleansing products, I am always amused.

People seem to be so anxious to try them out - yet all the same folks HATE to have a colonoscopy. If they want to have a REAL colon cleansing - try that . . . . they'll be cleaned out alright.

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.