Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Humalog & Lantus Pens
finator posted:
Is there anyone currently using Humalog pens &/or Lantus pens? Specifically anyone who does not have insurance coverage, or who has particularly high out of pocket costs?

upsOrlando responded:
I'm actually using both, I take regular shots once in the moring with Lantus, then later in the day i'll take the humalog pen when needed. I love the pen, though very much, cause it works very fast.

finator responded:
Do you have insurance? If not, email me at finator@aol.com.

arealgijoe responded:
I have very high out-of-pocket costs.

I use a humalog pen for meals and Lantus vial-syringe for my morning and evening basal. I love the pen, but stay with the vials of Lantus so I don't make a mistake I did a year ago when I took humalog instead of Lantus by mistake.

(*&*(

finator responded:
JD - email me at finator@aol.com. I may be able to help you with the Humalog pens.

MicheleG42 responded:
I hve high out of pocket cost for my daughter that has type 1 diabetes. I do have private insurance but the medicine cost 200 to 250 to refill each time. Is there any help.

rohvannyn replied to MicheleG42's response:
To MicheleG42: I work at a pharmacy so I have a few cost saving tips. First, you are using brand name forms of insulin so check online for manufacturor coupons. Sometimes they are really good. If possible, use vial insulin rather than pen, maybe just for the long acting form, because it usually costs a lot less. Also get in touch with your insurance company, sometimes certain types of insulin are covered better than others. Keep your doctor in the loop of course. Certain types may be less ideal but being able to keep taking it is important. I know Wal-Mart has a lower cost form of insulin they package, and that's worth a look too. Best of luck.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

tips to help me help a family member
does anyone have tips to bring down diabetes More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.