Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can't stop eating
Denial741974 posted:
Hello all, you all know I don't drink or smoke. But ever since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I can't stop eating. I think about food all the time. I don't know if it's a problem with me. But it is a problem. Like for an example. I I to healthy food. But I'm been eating all my snacks. like fudge pops free and ice pops. And three half bags bags wheat chips. do you all see a pattern. And my food portion is never small any more. when I was much heaver and very dinose yet I ate less but gained weight fast. Figure that out Den

phototaker responded:
I crave things, too, Den, so I've tried to find foods that are "safer" for me when I feel this way. Mostly when I crave things, it's emotional eating. Figure out what's "eating" you, first. That might help. Remember any time holidays roll around, stuff comes up for people. Just get in touch with what you're feeling right now, and that might help.

amanda2581 responded:
Hi Den Happy Easter!!! I just do not bring anything in the house that I can not resist as far as stuff like you describe,I use to eat potatoe chips out the wazoo!! But they no longer get put in the shopping cart,I use to buy ice pops also but could not stop eating them so they are no more even the sugar free they just taste like water,So I bought me a popcicle maker, and just started makeing my own from sugar free koolaid, Or crystal light I am a food addict Den I know what you are going through,But if you keep telling your self you can not have it ,You will want it more,If I want something like say a rees,es cup my favs, I just buy one pack eat it count those carbs,and that takes the craveing away,But I would not dare bring a whole bag of them in the house,I would eat all of them,I have to go check my sugars you hang in there my friend,Hugs slipper :smile:

cookiedog responded:
I definitely share this problem with you. I have had to find ways to fool my brain and stop my grazing through the frig. First, I eat my meals off a small plate. It looks like more food that way and I stay within my carbs. If I just have to munch, I take a few raw green beans and dip them in salsa. If sounds awful but it is crunchy and and spicy and helps me think I am eating more than I am. Plus it does not mess up my BS numbers. I make Crystal LIght in my favorite flavors. I then freeze it in ice trays. I put a few cubes of frozen Crystal LIght in a bowl and eat it like popsicles. This really satisfies me for some reason. Hang in there. We all struggle with food at times. I have been known to dream of fried, fattening food. We can do this! Cookiedog

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.