Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Intense foot itching
    JustBad posted:
    I want to know if anyone is experiencing intense foot itching. It starts with a little stinging type itch. It then starts to kind of radiate the stinging and itch. The itch becomes intensified and the stinging continues until I scratch it. Even when I apply lotion to the area, the itching and stinging continues for quite a while then subsides. There have been times this itching has awaken me from sleep. I should add, it occurs in different areas. Toes, arch, heel, and ball of foot. I just wonder is this yet another diabetes related thing or what? Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, please advise me on what to do about this.

Just Bad

xring responded:
    I don't know if it's diabetes related, but I just had itching in the big toe. It stopped after 3 days of applying hot water to it.

amanda2581 responded:
    YES AND YES i ITCH ON THE TOPS OF MY FEET ALSO ALL OF THE BOTTOM,i HAVE SCRATCHED IN MY SLEEP AND CAUSED ULCERS ON oops sorry caps was on! the tops of my feet and lower legs.I think it is dry skin or the nuropathy in my feet I don,t know but I take benedryl if it gets too bad as directed by my dr. slipper

phototaker responded:
    I'm not a doctor, but "maybe" it's neuropathy. Sometimes high sugar numbers can bring that on. You can read up on that on the web. It could also be dry skin.

An_251488 responded:
    I wonder if you could try this: I get up and drink two glasses of water. In about 20 minutes, the itching stops. Maybe it doesn't work for anyone else, but it does for me. If it does work, I'd like to know.

An_251051 replied to An_251488's response:
    This post is over 3yrs old and the person has never been back.

Helpful Tips

Tip for Less Severe Neuropathy Symptoms
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 over eight years ago and have been lucky enough to control my disease with weight loss, diet and exercise ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.