Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Welcome!
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
Welcome to your new home in the WebMD Diabetes Health Exchange!

I hope you found your way in easily. I know change can be both exciting and hard at the same time, so I?m here to help you navigate around and I?ll do my best to answer any questions you have.

Jump in and start playing around with the functionality. Try posting a discussion and adding a poll. Post a tip! Share a resource. Vote on Tips and Resources as well.

If you have questions, and I am not around you can visit the new Welcome Exchange where there will be moderators standing by throughout the next week to help. We?ve also put up some information on our Community Blog that you can check out as you wait for one-on-one feedback.

I can?t wait to see all our familiar faces back in the community and sharing the wonderful support we all know and love here at WebMD.

phototaker responded:
It will take a little adjustment to the newness, Louise. I'm willing to try, though.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to phototaker's response:
Change is always a bit of adjustment-but there are all sorts of good things about this change.

damondj replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Not sure what was wrong with the old way but I guess change is inevitable... as a great Russian once said

DavidHueben responded:
So far everything is working fine for me.

David

Michael Dansinger, MD replied to DavidHueben's response:
I think most people will like this change once we all get used to the new format.
Michael Dansinger, MD

Doug1128 replied to Michael Dansinger, MD's response:
Good morning Doctor Dansinger - I hope this new format works well for educating and informing diabetics. I don't quite know where to begin here - but here is some personal diabetes history - I've been a Type 1 for 30 years, I'm now 63. I have always been active and careful with my diet. 7 years ago I had a single bypass followed by a minor surgical foot procedure but developed an infection as a consequence - ultimately it resulted in a below the knee amputation. I have been on an insulin pump for 3 years (Omnipod) and have been able to maintain excellent control of the diabetes - 3 year A1c average is 6.5. I continue to be careful with my diet and finger prick 7 times each day - I also bike 3 to 4 times a week. Last March I had a repeat of the original single bypass.

There you have it - certainly I have loads of useful information and ideas and would be happy to participate in a dialogue with anyone who has Type 1 and has questions or ideas pertaining to my experience.

Any Type 1 - take it from me that it is important to maintain a good diabetic life regimen, to take care of yourself through knowledge, diet and exercise, and to always having a positive attitude that moves you forward and not backward.

Thank you...
Doug

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to Doug1128's response:
Welcome Doug! What a great attitude.

How do you like the omnipod? My mother is on the minimed and has had three malfunction in the past year.

~Louise
(9:49 AM CT)

gabby1771 responded:
Hi Louise,
Wow very different but like everything I am sure I will get use to it.
I have 1 problem so far how do you make the post bigger I am having a hard time reading them
Thanks

teddybear200 responded:
I have a couple of questions

1. I press the watchlist thing but it does not go onto the left side under that heading or do we have to wait until there is a reply to it first?

2. I went to my Profile to add my stuff to it - I think you call it our persona - there is nowhere to type the info in - If I press my account I get the same profile info. So what happened to the place for our Bio's?

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to teddybear200's response:
There is no place to type in a bio on exchanges with a health professional currently....that is something we are working on.

The watchlist should show if you are logged in. Try clicking See All to see if that works to populate it the first time.

If not-let me know.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to gabby1771's response:
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works for you.

To reduce the font size, hold down the Ctrl key (lower left on your keyboard) and the - sign at the same time.

dianer01 responded:
when I click on my profile my date of birth, full name and email address show, I do not want this to be public information, how do delete this and how do I enter my old style profile?

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to dianer01's response:
No one can see your private information except for you. The only thing we can see when we click your name to see your profile is your latest posts/tips/discussions.

Denial741974 responded:
Hi Louise, my opinion, it's hard to negative and when I post it doesn't show in front of diabetes page why, truth is I really don't like it, but I will give it a world,I'll give it a try, thanks for the hint putting my picture on my profile, I hope picture of the dog I took in 04 hope you like it.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.