Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi everyone - a small reminder
mrscora01 posted:
Hello everyone. I just wanted to offer a small reminder to everyone that this is now a combined board. This is now the meeting place for the T1s as well. While there are many similarities between the two types of diabetes, there are also some significant differences. T1s don't have the option of talking about reversal - we're stuck as our insulin producing cells have been destroyed. Also, we don't have to obsess quite as much about carbs. We have to count them of course in order to maintain good control, but low or extremely low carb is not a necessity. I found better control by going low carb, but it's not as crucial for us and it is more of a personal choice than anything else.

It's nice that we can all get together and share our experiences and our tips and I'm happy to be here.

Cora

DavidHueben responded:
Cora:

Thanks for the reminder.

David

jc3737 replied to DavidHueben's response:
http://exchanges.webmd.com/diet-debate/forum/index

mrscora01 replied to jc3737's response:
I think a diet debate area is a cool idea. Sometimes in all the fray over diet people forget that the bottom line is good control and how you get it may be different than how someone else acheives it.

Cora

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.