Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My father has passed on
Denial741974 posted:
Hello group ,It's been awhile.My father passed away at age 58.He died April 4 Sunday,I've been having a hard time and my mom specially.I haven't talked to my mom Over 3 years,We never got along,Last time I saw my father was 2 years ago with a friend I was with,These couple of days been hard on me and my mom,I'd been talking to her And remembering the memories Of my father.He will be missed so my diabetes overall is OK.My sugars little Higher than normal was the stress.But I decided now my father's gone I have to be a man and live a long life so my best friend would be Proud of,She'd been given me lot support and my other friends.And my coworkers And my Boss Very supportive and my work ,this Sunday's the memorial of my father to say goodbye and I will not Miss Sunday's work because I will be paid for that day even if not there.This past week at work in been hard but everyone understands and a loving support I'm getting.Plus managing My diabetes eating right That's all I can live a long life.Some reason the trategy is make me become a man and stronger so I will live on. You'll take care thanks for listening .

rebitzman responded:
Take time to grieve.

My deepest sympathy for your loss.

betaquartz responded:
Sorry to hear of your loss, it will take a while. My thoughts and prayers with you and yours.

teddybear200 responded:
Den sorry to hear your father passed away. It will take time to heal from this - take one day at a time. I am sure you and your mom can begin to talk again - that too will not come very easy at first. I am glad to hear that the people around you are very supportive, you need that right now.

My prayers go with you and your family as you attend the memorial for your father on Sunday. Deb.

Geradine4733 responded:
My heart goes out to you. I lost my mom when she was 53, and I miss her every day, and that was a long, long time ago.

The good news is that time brings acceptance, and that is real healing. It was a time when I had to come to terms with my own mortality too.

This is a good time to try to build a bridge with your mom. You are both mourning your dad so you have much in common. Try to rise above your mother's faults, and just tell her how much you miss your dad and how it would be good if you could come together now.

Forgiving parents helps us to move on and to grow - no matter how bad our parent is. Do this for yourself. You are worth it. God bless you.

phototaker responded:
Den, my thoughts are with you at this time. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's death. I'm glad to hear your mom finally reaching out to you during this time. You're doing pretty well with your sugars, especially during this time.

Take care.

DavidHueben responded:
Den:

Sorry about the passing of your Dad. Stay strong at this difficult time.

David

FINALLY55 responded:
Your in my thoughts. BIG HUG.

rubystar2 responded:
Den, I am so sorry to hear about your Father. My thoughts are with you at this time.

gabby1771 responded:
Den.
I am so sorry to hear about your Father, you and your family will be in my thoughts and Prayers.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 143 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.