Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Addicted to egg,s anyone else?
amanda2581 posted:
  • That,s right I am a eggaholic I have to have them at least 3 times a week and not egg beaters or fake egg,s.Real egg,s.I crave them I have craved them since I was about 18.Is this possible to be addicted to one food?I know they are high in cholesterol ,I have been buying the egglands best eggs,I go only whites of eggs for awhile but I always go back to whole eggs,They seem to satisfy my apetite and help me not to eat other bad foods.So I guess I will just have to maybe substitute egg beaters once a week.anyone else with a food addiction just one food you can not break away from?slipper
FirstPrevious12NextLast

nixie99 responded:
Hi Slipper,

Gotta love those eggs!!!-- and since they took me off the statins I've enjoyed a few over the past two months and I go in tomorrow for a fasting blood draw and will see if
I'm holding my own on the cholesterol front...

Brie cheese is high on my list for self pity if they ever take it away from me... I would throw a major tantrum ..
Keeping it to a one inch wedge doesn't give much, but
having that a couple of times a week to break the chains of my highly restricted diet is a luxury...

Good luck with your eggs and hope they treat you well..

Nixie

xring responded:
I'm addicted to almost any food.

dianer01 replied to xring's response:
xring,

I think I fall in the same category as you! Crunchy/salty is my true weakness.

Slipper, I enjoy eggs in omeletts and fritatas but will use 1 whole egg and two additional whites instead of 2 whole eggs. Still tastes great, looks the same and you save a little fat and cholesterol.

di

phototaker responded:
Slipper, I buy the egg substitutes, and use the egg white from the Eggland's egg(and sometimes a tad of the yolk)and mix non fat or low fat cheddar or Mexican style cheese flakes. Yum! I have that every day. If you want something even better, put some salsa in there. Sometimes, I get a craving for eggs and whole wheat pasta. It's not very often, but about once every two months. I make my omelet, putting a little sauce on top and make whole wheat pasta, a small amount with sauce, too. I then add a vegetable or salad, and it's a yummy meal.
It cuts my craving for pasta. I used to be a BIG pasta eater, since childhood, even, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, etc.
I used to LOVE lasagna. I don't eat it anymore. I don't order any of that in the restaurants, either. It's gone for me. I do keep the whole wheat thin spaghetti and little macaroni like penne pasta in my cupboard for those rare times. I only make a small amount in the pan, so I don't overeat, which I would if I cooked it.

betaquartz replied to xring's response:
My dad used to say any kind of see food would do. He sees food he eats it!

betaquartz replied to dianer01's response:
Went to King's restaurant yesterday for breakfast, had a 3 egg and cheese veggie omelet, it was loaded with broccoli, onions, tomato, and mushroom-all fresh. Really good breakfast start. The rest of the day I ate lite, mostly salads.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
I have had good luck substituting egg beaters and only using whole eggs for poached on the rare occasion we eat them that way.

DavidHueben responded:
Nope.

I am not "addicted" to any particular food. There are some foods I enjoy more than others, like good Italian or Mexican food, but I fit them in occasionally according to my nutrition plan.

I usually have a couple of eggs a month, mostly used in cooking as a binder.

David

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Slipper-
Have you read any of Pam Peeke's blog posts or message board posts about food addiction? They are really quite interesting.

ColliemomBeks responded:
Slipper,

I love eggs too. My breakfasts are pretty standard now- a MorningStar sausage patty and Egg Beaters or the sausage with cottage cheese. Once or twice a week I will have a real egg- usually over easy. I find eggs most satisfying for breakfast as well! I love hard boiled eggs too... and deviled. You have other egg lovers out here!

amanda2581 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
  • No what is it?

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to amanda2581's response:
Here is the link: http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2010/04/junk-food-junkie-food-addiction-is-real.html

Pam Peeke is our diet health professional and is super.

DisHammerhand responded:
I've gotten hooked on egg-white 'pancakes'.

I call 'em pancakes because that is what they are most like. They contain only eggwhite that has been shaken in a jar until it's foamy. It puffs up when I pour it into a hot skillet. When the underside is nice and brown like a pancake I fold it in half and lightly butter it with Smart Balance and top with sugar free jam or sugar free syrup.

So, so yummy! I eat three great big ones at a time.

I also have a horrible weakness for nuts. Very hard to stop eating them.

auriga1 responded:
Slipper, love eggs, too. I'm not addicted, I would say. Sometimes two times a week. Sometimes in my mind's eye, I'm thinking which is worse? Grains or the egg. Grains don't stick with you. You're hungry an hour later. Raises my blood sugar to 400. My egg doesn't touch my blood sugar.

I'll eat eggs cooked any which way. My favorite breakfast one time was when I was recuperating from a tonsillectomy. Anything soft had to do. My mom made the best soft-boiled egg on earth. That was when I was nine and I still remember it to this day. LOL.

This past Easter, deviled eggs were staring at me from the table. I already had one over easy egg for breakfast, but had to have one of those deviled eggs. So delish.

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.