Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sugar reading is 159
MrJagJax posted:
How can I quickly bring this down where it needs to be.

ColliemomBeks responded:
What always brings my glucose down is to take a walk (20-30 minutes at a nice pace) and drink water!!!

auriga1 responded:
My sugar comes down quickly with at least 20 minutes of exercise. Walking and bike riding are what I do best. As colliemom says, drink plenty of water, too. But you do need to get moving if you want it to come down. There is no magic elixir.

DianeR01 responded:
When is your sugar reading 159? If this is your fasting number, maybe you need to look at what you ate befoe going to bed last night. If this is 2 hours after a meal, you are a little high but not crazy high and a large glass of water and a little light exercise might do the trick.

Are you on meds or controlling your blood sugar wiht diet and exercise? all of these factors contribute to this number

good luck

MrJagJax replied to ColliemomBeks's response:
Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I walked and it worked like a charm. I am a good water drinker but didn't think about the brisk walk.

MrJagJax replied to auriga1's response:
The exercise is what made a difference. Thank you.

MrJagJax replied to DianeR01's response:
Thank you for taking the time to hel me.

phototaker replied to MrJagJax's response:
You guys are lucky. When I go higher, walking nor water help to bring it down right away. It sometimes takes three hours, SO...the key is not to let it get up higher for me.

krhudson replied to phototaker's response:
I am also working on the lagging reduction in blood suger. Used to take until about the next meal for it to be back to normal. Now I am trying to keep it below 180 at all times and resolving sooner back to normal after the 180 to the 2.5 hour mark after the meal to be at about 140 and falling. That is a challege and I will get there. You are right, the key is NOT to let it get to much higher but we need a little room for it to come down and not to far down.

krhudson

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 144 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.