Skip to content
Potential new treatment for peripheral neuropathy
mrscora01 posted:
Here is a study recently published that shows some promise in reversing the damage caused by peripheral neuropathy. It sounds like it has a lot of potential and would not require an ongoing treatment. Just treatment to reverse the damage and then that's it.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100712102802.htm

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Manoj_in_Bangalore responded:
This is an interesting and promising discovery for people with nerve damage.

I guess blocking PTEN will have to be controlled to prevent overgrowth of the nerve tissue, and wonder if it can be localized to be effective only on the affected area.

mrscora01 replied to Manoj_in_Bangalore's response:
My thoughts exactly. But I also suspect that once proper control is achieved, it would also have applications to spinal cord damage as well.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

phototaker replied to mrscora01's response:
Cora, I'm looking forward to reading this later when I get home today after swimming. Thanks!

mrscora01 replied to blablagirl's response:
blablagirl. This doesn't promise to treat, it promises to diagnose early to help your doctor "intervene". Whatever that means.

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.