Skip to content
So Long, Farewell
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
There is a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
and the bells in the steeple too
and up in the nursery an absurd little bird
is popping out to say Cuckoo, Cuckoo.

I write dozens of posts a day, some of them very hard. I have known I would write this post for weeks and kept hoping the words would come. This will be my last day tending this community. That makes this the hardest post I have written in a long time.

I knew this would number among the hardest to communities to give up. We have rearranged assignments so many times while I have been here. I always refused to give this community up. I heard all the arguments about why I should give it to another mod. This community is busy, time consuming, sometimes prone to trouble. But, I kept it because this community has a heart, a personality, a life of its own.

Yes, I learned more about diabetes. You each have helped me help my mother and myself. You even taught me how to be a better moderator. But, in the end, the only true thing was this was a very special community and home.

Caprice starts as your mod after today. Dr. Dansinger remains. Laurie Anderson is coming back as an expert too. You can even find me until the 24th on a variety of the other communities I tend here at WebMD.

Keep doing what you do best--helping each other, helping the new members and making this community special. No, help isn't coated in virtual hugs and kisses here. It doesn't even always come across as nice--but each of you does care. That forms the heart of this wonderful community and truly does make it hard to leave.
~Louise

nwsmom responded:
We will miss you. The best for you in the future!

Manoj_in_Bangalore responded:
In life the only thing that is constant is change. And I do hope, that for you, all changes are for the better.

phototaker responded:
Okay Louise, I asked you in another post why you were leaving, so this answers my questions.

I want to wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do.
I know you worked very hard and long here. Thanks for all you did for us.

Enjoy your family.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to nwsmom's response:
Thanks
~Louise

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to Manoj_in_Bangalore's response:
Thanks Manoj. I think they will be.
~Louise

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to phototaker's response:
Thanks! I will miss all of you, but change can be good for everyone.
~Louise

amanda2581 responded:
I am crying Louise I will miss you ,Caprice is nice also but you understood us on here and i know when you pulled post it was what you had to do.We will miss you are you still on Gi problems Board IBS board.Hugs slipper

gabby1771 responded:
Louise.
You will be missed here.
Thank-You for all You have done for us.
Please keep us posted on your Mom and family.
Take care, and Good Luck on your new assignment.
Gabby

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to amanda2581's response:
I will be on Crohn's and Colitis until the 24th.
~Louise

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to gabby1771's response:
Thanks Gabby.
~Louise

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I know you're going to be so missed here, Louise. :-(

After looking in here for just a while, I can understand why you're going to miss being here.

rubystar2 responded:
OH, LOUISE!!! Change is so very hard for me!!! I'm going to really miss you. So you are leaving WebMd all together or will I be able to find you and bug you on other communities here on WebMd.

On the other hand.........Caprice is always a lot of fun, too.

I will miss you very much, Louise. I wish you the best in all that you do.
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to rubystar2's response:
Thanks Ruby. I will be around for a couple more weeks on other communities, but you have never bugged me.

After that--who knows? I have a few things lined up.
~Louise

MrsCora01 responded:
In life the only thing that is constant is change. And I do hope, that for you, all changes are for the better.

I agree with Manoj here. I wish you all the best in all your future endeavors. All good things must come to an end, but wonderful things are always in store in our futures.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 51 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.