Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Final Friday
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
This starts my last day at WebMD. And, yes I start here, like I did for so many mornings. You were my "big" community, the one that I liked to always know what was happening right away, and my favorite. (Long before I had someone with diabetes in my home)

I have missed you since that first morning I didn't get the honor of checking in with you about the weekend. I will miss you even more after today.

I do promise to get a regular member name and stop in from time to time. It won't be Louise--they retire mod names like beloved sports players or something.

The thing that I want to remind you as I head off to a new adventure--YOU are the community, the heart and soul of the community. You each lead every time you post. You welcome, you show empathy, you share views, you share your lives, and those actions make this community truly wonderful.

Be good to one another. Disagree with ideas and not with personalities. Welcome the new members. Be gentle with the overwhelmed. I know. You know. I have said those things a million times. I mean them though.

I flurry about driving the other mods nuts with last minute do and don'ts...like a first time mom leaving her child with a sitter. I keep reminding myself that the communities I tended were never MINE, each just allowed me a part in the community. Communities belong to the members--that's you. Keep this place great for each other, for the new members that come along, and for me to visit.

Yeah, I love you. All of you. (and you know I am not the mushy type with members) Take care of yourselves and each other.
~Louise

betaquartz responded:
Sorry to see you go, enjoy the journey!

barb10562 responded:
Good Luck! We will miss your wisdom.

Gordiesmomtoo responded:
Good luck in your new endeavor. You'll be missed!

Francine

DianeR01 responded:
My very best to you! Thank you for all you have given to us.

di

teddybear200 responded:
Thank you for the few years I have been on here I will be missing you - take care and enjoy your new journey. Please do drop in from time to time and let us know how you and your family are doing. Deb
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle - Deb

krhudson responded:
Good luck Louise and take care.

khudson

phototaker responded:
Louise, I wish you loads of success in anything you pursue after WebMD. Thanks for all the time and caring you put into your postings. I know when I retired from teaching, I would miss the children I taught. What you will find is that you will begin a new road. The road you left is filled with people who have learned a lot more about diabetes from your leadership on this board, whether it be from other members, WebMD sources they you offered them to read, or ideas that you had yourself.

I want to wish you the very best luck and happiness.

auriga1 responded:
Louise, best of luck on your new adventure. Please stop by and let us know how you and your family are doing.

You will be missed. Take care of yourself.

MrsCora01 responded:
Best of luck Louise and take care.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks everyone!
~Louise

Hootyowl2 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Dear Louise, even though I havent been here much of late, I just wanted to let you know that you will be greatly missed. Please take good care of you and yours, and come back to visit us. Hugs and God bless you always,

Hooty

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to Hootyowl2's response:
Aww Hooty, thanks for stopping in. I have missed you being here more.

I will try on the taking care. You know me though--better at tending everyone else.
~Louise

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

tips to help me help a family member
does anyone have tips to bring down diabetes More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.