Skip to content
Hi everyone!
Laurie Anderson, MSN, RNP, CDOE posted:
Hi everyone,

I am very excited to be back to assist you with your diabetes questions and to share your joys and challenges in life. As you may notice on my profile I've been busy working with a great group of diabetes educators building a coaching service on the web. Such fun, but it's been a busy time in my life; as always I have learned much from those living with diabetes and hope those experiences will be helpful to you as we work together here at Web MD.

A friend sent me one of those positive thinking emails today and it was divided into short segments, sort of like a poem. My favorite section said, "I can be sad that roses have thorns, or happy that thorns have roses!" Love that! Laurie

phototaker responded:
Great to have you back, Laurie. We've all grown a little more since you've been gone, and have learned some valuable new things, too.

It will be good to have more feedback for our questions.

Michael Dansinger, MD responded:
Lauriie,
I'm pleased and excited to work with you! Your insights and experience will help make our diabetes community stronger and smarter. Welcome!
Michael

teddybear200 responded:
Hi Laurie and welcome back.

As for the Rose comment - when I was in the florist business I always used the Rose as my signature for this reason: it was as if it were God's autograph to mankind it is the only perfect flower.

To me here is what they represent: The thorns are the trials and tribulations we go through, the Bud was Jesus as a child, the opened flower to me represents Jesus being the only perfect person there ever was and will ever be He knew no sin. God never promised us a Rose Garden without thorns. Besides collecting teddybears I also have a Rose collection and not one is without thorns. This is just my way of seeing the Rose, it doesn't come from the Bible.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle - Deb

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.