Skip to content
Diabetes and Bells Palsy
shelthesinger posted:
Has anyone out there ever had Bells Palsy due to their diabetes?

feelinghigh responded:
I never had Bells Palsy but, my husband did. He does not have diabetes though. His lasted approximently 3 months and now has no signs of drooping.

I had something very similar to Bells Palsy. I woke up one morning and my right arm was paralzed. I freaked out to say the least! I thought I had a stroke. My Neurologist did the Nerve Conduction Test and EMG and it showed I had nerve damage. I went to a Physical Therapist for a few months.

Because of the paralysis my shoulder froze up. Then I had another thing to deal with. I'm happy to say the paralysis is all gone and the frozen shoulder is 99% better.

By the way, I asked my Neurologist if it was the diabetes that caused it and he said there was no way he could know for sure. But, my GP said the diabetes was probably the cause. So, who knows????

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.