Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Re: What is Your Favorite Thing to Eat for Breakfast?
phototaker posted:
Hi All, I think we've talked about this before, but we have a lot of new people coming on here, now. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?

I have two favorites that hold me over ALL morning, from 6:00-11:30 or 12:00.

I make a French toast with a light mult-grain English muffin, soaked in a combination of one egg, some Eggbeaters, and LOTS of cinnamon sprinkled in there. I spray Pam on my pan, and put the soaked muffins in there, and pour the rest of the mixture over the top. YUM!

I like to eat omelets, so I use one egg(a little of the Eggbeaters), some light cheddar cheese sprinkles), and put that in a pan that is sprayed with Pam. Then I eat one whole grain piece of toast to go along with it.

I have a friend that loves to have just this vegetable bean soup she makes from scratch for breakfast.

What do you like to eat?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

arealgijoe responded:
I like egg on and english muffin or biscuit, sometimes w/American cheese. If I don't have the muffin I like a small hasbrown patty with kitty-soup. (ketchup).

Sometimes I have a waffle w/light syrup.

I also like taste (little) orange juice (ouch) or a 52% human (by DNA) banana. Depends on the on the morning.

Gomer

nwsmom replied to arealgijoe's response:
I like almost anything that is prepared by someone else!

Ocala_Sunshine replied to nwsmom's response:
I'm pretty boring when it comes to breakfast. FWIW I'm on a dr monitored weight loss diet ... I eat about six or so small meals a day. Anyway here's what I eat for breakfast:

Around 8 or 9 I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal with a couple large teaspoons of ground walnuts and 2 or 3 tablespoons of raisins w/Splenda. I also have black coffee. I don't use milk because it's one of the foods I'm "addicted" to ... I can't control my consumption of it so avoiding it is my only solution (when I want some I get a 8 oz bottle at a drive-thru and drink it immediately).

About 10 I eat an orange or some other fruit, but usually it's a juicy Florida orange. I also may eat some almonds.

Sometimes I'll eat something like whole grain Melba Snacks with cream cheese, coffee followed later by fruit and/or almonds.

This holds me until lunch.

auriga1 replied to nwsmom's response:
I'm with nwsmom on this. Anything prepared by someone else!

I'll eat basically anything.

teddybear200 responded:
Mine is a strange one - since my morning fastings have been between 70 - 80 I make a sandwich.

I use Arnold Select Sandwich thins (multi-grain), soy nut butter and swiss cheese. My sugars are 85 2 hrs later. Followed with a glass of V-8 Low sodium Veg Juice.

On Sunday's only it's and egg sandwich with hash rounds and coffee.
One day I will soar on wings of an Eagle - Deb

retiredgramps replied to teddybear200's response:
For breakfast I have two fried eggs( throw the yolks out) on a piece of toast(Pepperridge Farm Carb Style bread) for a total of 10 carbs. Also have 1/2 cup of plain Cheerios with
4 ounces of 2% milk and 1 teaspoon of cinnamom for a total of 16 carbs. I wash everything down with 16 ounces of water. Grand total of 26 carbs for breakfast and it lasts me for 5 hours.

barb10562 replied to retiredgramps's response:
This morning I was kinda bad- had an egg and half bagle with cream cheese on it.

krhudson responded:
I have a breakfast that really like and it rarely changes. I have the old fashion oatmeal made with milk and I add 1/4 cup of "Bare Naked" granola on it which includes dried cranberry. The granola on top provides 6 grams of protein. I also have the Morning Star veggie sausage original for additional protein. The oatmeal is a rather large portion to hold me until noon and allows for my workout in between.

I am type 1 and do need 5.5 units of mealtime insulin for this breakfast. I need the milk for the calcium and the whole breakfast really satisfies my appetite.

All type 2s be careful with oatmeal and test to see how much the body can tolerate based on the meds you are on. Oatmeal can spike the blood sugar and I can provide my insulin to offset this breakfast.

Also remember, for oatmeal, the Old Fashion style has a lower glycemic index than the packages even though the carbs on the lable may be higher.

krhudson

mhall6252 responded:
My most common breakfasts are yogurt with berries and some slivered almonds, or a piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter and an orange. I have been trying to use the plain Greek yogurt which I sweeten with Splenda. I usually eat breakfast around 8:00 and either of these combos holds me until lunchtime (noon). On the weekends I will cook bacon and eggs, or a baked apple pancake with bacon, if hubby isn't playing golf.

My breakfast carb total is usually less than 25 grams.

Michelle

betaquartz responded:
Two egg beaters scrambled with a little shredded cheddar, one slice of ham or 3 inches of summer sausage, one slice of rye toast. I used to do the yogurt, but we have been eating at a little restaurant nearby and read our books, and sit and enjoy a nice breakfast before getting to work or exercise.

laura2gemini2 replied to teddybear200's response:
I love the arnold select sandwich thins. I toast mine so it gets really crunchy. I also use 1 tbl. natural peanut butter (as in, nothing but nuts and a little salt) and 1 tbl of apple butter made from an orchard near my mom's house. I find that it keeps my sugar a nice steady level, and its filling till my next meal.

phototaker replied to laura2gemini2's response:
I actually saw those today at the supermarket, Laura. Sounds like an interesting idea for breakfast. I'd probably have to add an egg to that.

mhall6252 replied to phototaker's response:
I've found whole wheat bagel thins in the store, too. They get nice and crunchy and satisfy that bagel craving. They are only about 100 calories but make excellent cream cheese carriers.

Michelle

dianer01 responded:
I worked graveyard shifts for many years and got out of the habit of eating breakfast food in the morning. I am as likely to have leftovers from the night before for breakfast as I am to have a scrambled egg for breakfast. I never have been a cereal fan as it has always been a snack food for me.

I understand many cultures do not have food specific to breakfast but simply eat smaller portions of the same food they would eat any other time of the day.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
71 of 142 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.