Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tingling
geriborba posted:
Does anyone with Type 2 have occasional tingling all over. I check my
sugar at that time and it seems to be normal. Also burning sensation in
your feet and a very itch back

flutetooter responded:
et us know exactly what numbers you call "normal" at the time of the tingling, and how the timing relates to your last meal. Peripheral neuropathy is a common complication of diabetes, but it could be other things also.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

geriborba replied to flutetooter's response:
Actually I never noticed when my last meal was. I is usually between 92 and 102

I'm back again. Also I take meds for aniety disorder. And taking my low dose of tranquilizer reduces the tingling. I am so
confused. Have mentioned this to my Drs but they don't seem to have a straight answer,

DavidHueben replied to geriborba's response:
Geriborba:

Short of pure speculation, I doubt anyone here could give you much of an answer. A symptom such as "tingling" could be associated with many different things.

I think the only real source of answers will have to come from your medical team. They know your complete medical history and medication protocol.

David
If you don't know where you're going, you'll wind up somewhere else - Yogi Berra

geriborba replied to DavidHueben's response:
Thanks to all of you for your help.

Finally found out what is causing this tingling. Lymes Disease.
After tons of tests. I suggested to the Dr to test for Lymes Disease since I had it 10 yrs ago. Last I know of possible tick bite was about 4 yrs ago. A long long time without meds. Who would have thought. I think the Dr owes me a free visit.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Your quote fits perfectly.

arealgijoe replied to geriborba's response:
GLAD you (& your Dr) "Finally" found out the REAL case. No doctor reguardless of how many years of schooling and experience, can come close to knowing YOUR body than YOU! Recently Dr Oz (TV wizzard/doc) said somehitng to that effect on his show recently.

I am amazed you remembered a tic bite 4 yrs ago, but then again I don't know if I ahve ever been bitten by one. I had a long time (still) friend who had Lyme disease, he struggled with it for years before he got much better. Good luck!

Gomer

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to geriborba's response:
Wow! I'm glad you found out! And it's great that you are such an advocate for your own health.

Yes, a free visit would be nice!!!!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.